I'm a driven programmer with a focus on frontend web development. Coding and technology brings me joy, and I love sharing that joy by empowering others through knowledge sharing and mentoring. I have a history of clean, well documented, maintainable code, and value being part of a team. I'm always striving to improve my knowledge, and am excited to continue growing as a developer.
- CSS & SCSS
- Web Accessibility
- Git & GitHub
- Responsive Design
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Image Editing
- Vector and SVG
- Pair programming
Juno College of Technology // 2018Certificate in Web Development Immersive
Humber College // 2017Certificate in Web Design, Development, and Maintenance
Fanshawe College // 2012 - 2015Advanced Diploma in Graphic Design
Software Developer, Uberflip
Toronto, May 2020 (impacted by COVID-19 related mass-layoffs)
- Promotion to software team, responsible for programming changes and new features to the core Uberflip application.
- Promoted from a top-3 candidate draft, recognized for excellence in growth and cross-team learning through internal mentorship.
- Collaborated with head UX designer to transform the Uberflip platform's new branding and user experience.
- Wrote new and improved existing internal documentation of the Engineering team's local development environment to fast-track future onboarding and improve department's recorded knowledge bank.
Frontend Developer, Uberflip
Toronto, April 2019 - May 2020
- Customized client's Uberflip content management web experiences, both in design and functionality, with strict short turn-around deadlines and multiple simultaneous assignments.
- Communicated efficiently with clients: clarified technical concepts, set expectations, decreased product implementation time by gathering exact requirements.
- Upgraded enterprise clients to a new, accessible, WCAG compliant version of the Uberflip product with a strict deadline of 01/01/2020. Collaborated with the Software Development team to create this new v2 of the frontend solution.
- Streamlined programming processes for the team by updating tooling and creating in-depth documentation on development processes and onboarding resources.
- Improved project stability and reduced build times by upgrading to Webpack 4. Cut build times by 50% and generation of local dev environments by up to 70% - 80%.
- Participated in internal Engineering mentoring, gained backend exposure to AWS infrastructure and Terraform.
- Promoted from Frontend Team to Software Development Team by distinguishing myself as a top-3 performer.
Frontend Developer, GroupBy Inc.
Toronto, August 2018 - March 2019
- Worked in teams to deliver e-commerce store product search solutions tailored to client branding and catalogue complexity.
- Programmed search result filtering by client-directed parameters, collaborated with ETL team to refine catalogue data to satisfy parameters.
- Exposure to unit testing with Mocha, Chai, and Jest.